- 2 x 400ml tins coconut milk
- 2 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes
- 5 cm fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 – 2 teaspoons chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- A few fresh curry leaves
- 2 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cubed
- 1 tin 400g chickpeas, drained
- 3 teaspoons tamarind paste
- Lavender & Lime Dukkah Spices
- Salt and pepper
- Basmati rice, to serve
1Preheat the oven to 200C.
2Put the coconut milk, tinned tomatoes, grated ginger, curry leaves, turmeric, tamarind paste and chilli flakes into a large pot on the stove. Allow it to heat until boiling and season with salt & pepper.
3As it heats up, peel and cut the sweet potatoes and red pepper into bite – sized pieces. Add these to the coconut and tomato mixture. Put the pot into the oven and cook for 30 minutes.
4Add the chickpeas and red pepper and return the pot to the oven for another 30 minutes.
5Cook until the potato is soft.
6Serve over basmati rice with a sprinkle of Dukkah Spices.